Dr. Jason Bowling, hospital epidemiologist for University Health System, talks about PPE, the risk of COVID-19 transmission in the healthcare environment, and how it’s safe to go home and hug your family. Here’s what we asked him:
- How do masks keep us safe?
- How much risk is involved in working with or around COVID-19 patients?
- Should healthcare workers take special steps to change and sanitize their clothes when they go home?
- Are PPE and hand hygiene enough to keep my family safe?
- What if I have the virus on my clothes?
- What about healthcare workers who are exposed to undiagnosed COVID-19 patients?
Check our Homepage News section for more updates on the COVID-19 pandemic and our response.